Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First grade math

Just for your viewing pleasure.....take a glimpse at some 1st grade math. Reagan seems to know the answers. Now if I only understood the method.

#6. Which sentences with 5 and 10 tell about the model.

OOOOO
OO

a. 5+2 = 7 c. 3+2= 5
7+3= 10 5+2= 7

b. 5+2= 7 d. 5+0= 5
6+4= 10 2+0= 2


#8 Mel counts 8 ants. Zema counts 5 ants. Which tells how many ants in all?

a. 5+3 = 8
b. 8+2= 10
c. 10+3 = 13
d 10+5 = 15


So who loves first grade math??? Me, not so much. That would be shown by 1 minus the group total. I will work towards a model to show that.

What ever happened to one number plus or minus another is fill in the blank?

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you...I am pretty good at math but the questions make no sense to me...hope they work as the girls are genetically challenged in math from my side...my prayers are with you as you attempt to make sense of this. also hope the girls can learn to do math without a calculator or computer

    ReplyDelete