Monday, April 19, 2010

Six Flags

This past weekend we drove to Dallas to meet up with Jason's parents. We had planned on leaving right after we finished packing on Friday night. We were packed and out the door just after 6pm and headed towards the ATM. An ATM that was making a funny sound. Then to top off the gas where we learned that the ATM was not the one making the funny sound, we were. The back tire was loosing air. Fast. It was Friday, after 5, prime time to have car repairs done.
Luckily Sears found the problem and were able to fix the tire and we left OKC right on time. 9:30pm.

This happened to us once before on the way out of town, only it was a blow out in Shawnee on the way to Alabama on the interstate with a trunk load full of luggage. As in new parent, first time for the new baby to travel across the country to see the Grandparents type of trunk load.

I drove through rain, construction and horrible radio options all the way to Dallas. At one point, somewhere around 11pm and way past Norman we passed a travel stop on the opposite side of the road. A dark and lonely travel stop and then all of sudden I was hungry for a ham sandwich and a Diet Dr Pepper. And then I missed my brother Sean. And then I was bored. Tired of singing to myself. Tired of construction. Wishing that we were heading somewhere for longer than just a quick weekend. Wishing I had had a cooler to make myself a sandwich. Wishing I needed a GPS to find my way. And realized just how much I enjoy the word Vacation.

We checked in at 12:30am. The girls were up and ready to ride the luggage cart into the hotel.
Even in the middle of the night, they make me laugh. At the elevator while Jason was parking the car Avery said "Can you smell that? That is the smell of an indoor pool. I would not like that in my house, but in a hotel it is great!"

We rode up, somewhat unpacked and got ready to go to bed. Except for Reagan. She asked if she could take a shower because "there is nothing like a hotel shower even in the middle of the night." I have to agree with her on that one.

The girls loved the Dallas Six Flags Park. They loved the rides. Especially the log flume ride and the teacups. Luckily their Papa was willing to be soaked in the 70-degree weather and then willing to stand on the bridge over the falls to insure that every part of them was totally soaked. The look on their faces was priceless. i think Reagan was even a bit proud of her drenched look and seems to walk around as though she owned the park, or atleast that ride. Avery wanted to ride every roller coaster that she was tall enough for. And even after a full day at the park they were up for swimming in that great smelling indoor pool followed by a great hotel shower.

I love traveling with these two.

1 comment:

  1. makes me jealous that we missed all the fun! Did you take pictures? The girls had soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete