Monday, September 28, 2009

Whene're You Make a Promise

Reagan and Avery are learning the Girl Scout Law with the rest of the their Daisy friends by learning a story of a magic garden that has flower characters that each represent a part of the Law. Every now and then they surprise me by commenting on that story and set of characters and the morals and or values that they represent. So I know that they are getting it. Getting the story, loving the characters but at the same time absorbing a set of rules to live by. I like this set of rules, I like the Girl Scout Law as well as the Girl Scout Promise and what they stand for. I wish we all lived more like Girls Scouts, or Boy Scouts for that matter. But to my point....I sat through a training class on Saturday for Troop Leaders and during the award luncheon I heard a song that I believe was written in the 1940's that I really liked and will probably end up teaching my own troop. Just because making a promise is important and I think sometimes we all forget that. I think that sometimes I may forget and am thankful that I was able to be reminded. So now I am reminding you.

Whene're you make a promise,
Consider well its importance.
And when made
Engrave it upon your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment