Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Your word is: Spelling Test

Well that is actually two words, but today we will enter the world of Spelling Tests. Whooo-hooooo! Reagan will have 10 words each week and 5 bonus words if she so chooses. She told me on Tuesday she would rather not choose the bonus, I informed her that she should to get ready for the spring spelling bee. She then asked if I had ever been in a spelling bee which I have not so I chose not to take this opportunity to tell her about wonderful things like spell check and calculators. I am saving that for another day and then steered the conversation back to how fun spelling can be. So in short we drove home, talked about her day and I lied. That Parent of the Year award is soooo mine.

On top of that she has a math test tomorrow.....she may need the force sent to her. We went over the information for both, she went straight to sleep and now I up with the butterflies.

Wish us all luck. For the tester and the test preper(just made a new word, I wonder if it will be in the spelling bee) oh and for Avery. She has a walkathon tomorrow and will be forced to wear her Nike's which she just hates with a passion. And we all know how particular she is about her wardrobe. We may need luck and a few dozen prayers....

1 comment:

  1. good news and bad news...her papa (me)was an expert speller from my childhood but a disaster in math...don't know if the genetics will kick in here?? one consolation on the math is that I now spend the majority of my days immersed in math...i can relate to the spell check and the computer/calculator to help me through in that as we age our skills diminish.

    ReplyDelete