Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just to document the event

I picked up the girls tonight and Reagan informed me that she needed $5 to join the Chess Club, because she went to Chess Club today and loved it. I replied with something sarcastic of course since I have been trying to get her to just try the one club she can join as a First grader since September. September. Of course she tried it 2 weeks before winter break. And apparently she went today because a friend of hers decided to give it a try. I guess beggers can not be choosers. But I still used the event to remind of her of the words spoken in September by one very wise person about the fun that something like Chess Club could be on winter recess days when the highs are only in the mid-twenties.

So we may start to play Chess with the new found favorite game of Uno!

2 comments:

  1. You can tell her that Uncle Mike was on the chess team in high school. ha! He's quite the expert...1st grade chess club is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too, but I also thought that when she started bringing home geomentry worksheets and signed up to take digital movie making as a class. seriously. at least she is having a great time and hopefully learning something at the same time.

    ReplyDelete