Monday, January 11, 2010

Avery Marie


Avery turns 6 in about an hour. Six. When I tucked her in tonight I asked for one more great hug from a 5 year old. She told me that she would still give good hugs even though she was going go turn six tomorrow. I am glad for that.
I love my Avery Marie. She is sweet, funny, caring, crazy, goofy, quiet and sometime even helpful at home. Her preschool teacher was so correct when she asked me if Avery added the pixie dust to our lives. She does add the magic. I was trying to think about who Avery is at the ripe old age of six and since its late, I decided to take the easy way out and just use the letters in her name. Again wishing I had name the girls something short like Ann and Eve.


A - amusing. When is she not? She most always brings laughter to any group. Even when she does not say a word.
V- valiant. This may be a strong word for someone who clocks in at only 41 pounds. But to be valiant means to be vigorous in body, powerful and strong. Courageous and brave. Most everyone talks about Avery and her great hugs. Strong hugs. She is usually up to try most anything and will take one for the team. I think that is valiant.

E - easy going. Most of the time, she is up for whatever with whomever. Except with Jason and her choice of clothing for any particular day. Oh and as long as she receives three separate meals within one twenty-four hour period then all is well.

R - radiant. At least I think so, dressed up for a day/night on the town or asleep with one corner of her pillow case held in her sweet little hand.

Y - youthful. She just is.
Happy Birthday Avery Marie. You are a joy to so very many and it is an honor to be able to call you mine. I love you. ~ Mom

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Avery! 6 years old is a big deal especially since you are the same age as your big sister for a few weeks:) We love you!
    Shelton's

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom described you to a tee. the hugs are wonderful and i think heartfelt. you have a special place in our hearts and we wish we could be there for your b-day but after our long trip during Christmas we just don't have the strength for a trip for awhile. anyway we love you and are so proud of you...you are a joy in our hearts and bring a twinkle to our eyes.

    ReplyDelete