Monday, February 28, 2011

I will bring your toilet paper.

Something happened while the girls were brushing their teeth…something about a paper towel…something about someone being busy…something that let one to tears and one to anger….

I stepped into Avery crying and Reagan being hateful. I asked what had happened and did not get an answer….I told them to work it out and left the room. After a laundry switch I walked down the hall to Avery crying on her bed nearly uncontrollably. I walked her into Reagan’s room and sat her on the bed facing Reagan and told Reagan to fix it and then left again to work on Avery’s bedding. That did not happen so I asked them to get in bed, told them that they were tired and that they were grounded from each other on Sunday. This brought more tears….I explained that they would eat, play and watch TV, everything in separate rooms. More tears….and then oddly enough Avery started talking about how Reagan never brings her toilet paper when she needs it and that Avery always brings here some….umm insert chicken…this is where the occasional attention deficit set it. I figured it was best to get them into bed and not wait for another random complaint.

So to keep up with the historical now hug your fill in the blank here scenario. I told them one at a time to apologize to each other…to tell them that they loved each other….to hug each other....and then to promise to always bring each other toilet paper. I recieved the look that I get from them more and more...the one that reads something like "you are so weird". But I am okay with that.

Happy ending? Maybe not. But they are tucked away and sleeping hopefully dreaming of earlier today when they were walking hip to hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment